Aim and Objective of Department
- Enhancing varietal replacement and seed replacement rate through seed production programme under seed village scheme and partnering with institutions of repute, besides ensuring efficient distribution of quality seeds.
- Distribution of soil health cards to farmers and promoting adoption of soil test based recommendations for management of soil health by balanced fertilizer use coupled with Integrated Nutrient Management.
- Promote Farm mechanization and pressurised irrigation systems to reduce cost of production and improve factor productivity of agri-inputs.
- Crop substitution in highlands with more remunerative crops and utilising rice fallows by growing pulses and oilseeds with supplemental irrigation.
- Exploitation of ground and surface water potential though establishment of captive irrigation facilities; Dug wells, River Lift Irrigation Points andDeep Bore wells.
- Promotion of organic farming and Integrated Farming for sustainable crop husbandry.
- Pest management through e-pest surveillance and adoption of Integrated Pest & Disease Management.
- Strengthening of Agriculture Extension for effective transfer of technologies and delivery of the host of services needed by the farmers.
- Enhancing production and productivity of crops through different interventions under various schemes being implemented.
- Organising massive awareness campaign on developmental programmes.
- Promoting agri-entrepreneurship and private investment in agriculture.
- Resorting to increased Direct Benefit Transfer in most of farmer oriented programmes in order to ensure greater transparency.
- Capacity building of farmers, extension functionaries and other stake holders.
- Increased use of ICT in agriculture.
Name of Services
Right now there are four types of services functioning namely Seed License, Fertilizer License, Pesticide License and Soil Health Card.
For details of agriculture services visit Click Here
Name of Programmes and Schemes
Type of crops cultivated
Paddy, Maize, Moong, Biri, Arhar, Groundnut, Vegetables etc.
Special Crops –
(a)Kishan Call Centre:- 18001801551
(b) APICOL :- 0674-2354125,2354006