The District Employment office aims at increasing employmentblity of the inhabitants of the District Kandhamal. In Order to develop the employment scenario in the District, it undertakes various govt. schemes and programmes for the unemployed youth and others. District Employment Exchange, Kandhamal which is an integral part of Employment, started functioning with effect from 23.02.1960. At Present, it sponsored names of deserving candidates to PIA (Project Implementation Agency) of Odisha State Development Authority(OSDA) to impart them placement linked training.About 20 no.of PIA ,manage their training centers in various Districts of Odisha to provide them placement link training at free of cost. The lodging and boarding facilities are provided freely at that training centers to all trainees. The objective and Activites of the DIstrict Employment Exchange are as follows
- Providing Employment Assistance to job Seekers especially unemployed youth, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped etc.
- It collects various informations on employment.
- It provides Vocational Guidance to job seekers.
- It arranges placement linked training programme for unemployed youth.
- It registers the name of Job Seekers.
- It Submit the list of eligible registered candidates to different Employers as per their demand.
- It Collects Employment Market information from local Employers.
- It Organises job fair every financial year for job seekers.