KANDHAMAL district, from the former name PHULBANI was constituted w.e.f 1st January 1994 after reorganization of districts in Odisha and bifurcation of Boudh district. it constitute with 2 sub-divisions , 12 CDB, 2 ULB, 171 GPs, 18 police stations, 7 police outposts and 2515 villages. More than 50% of the population constitutes ST community of aboriginal tribal races. Above all, the district is ranked as a backward district in the state of Odisha. Police was handling the local public only, but now the district has become a challenge for Police after intrusion of the left wing extremists, Ethnic violence between Kandha caste and Pana caste, and communal violence between Hindus and Christians.
Prevention of crime
- Surveillance on criminals.
- Monitoring of records.
- Beat patrolling, mobile and foot patrolling, surprise checks (Naka Bandis), combing operations and raids.
- System of preventive action under the Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code and other preventive legislations; special care is taken of juvenile offenders and atrocities against weaker sections.
Detection of Crime
- Investigation and prosecution of offenders.
Maintenance of Public Order
- Maintenance of law and order during festivals, elections, communal and social disturbances, natural calamities.
- Maintenance of Internal Security & VIP security.
- Enquiring into non-cognizable cases, accidental deaths, accidental fires, etc.
- Enquiring about missing persons.
- Registration of foreign nationals and related enquiries.
- Escorting the treasury, prisoners, juvenile offenders, run-away girls.
- Verification of character, antecedents and records for issuance of passports, arms licenses and other licenses, for government employment, domestic servants whenever required, etc.
- Implementation of various social legislations aimed for protecting the weaker sections of the society and monitoring their social status.
Name of services
Reception Center and Sishu-Mahila Desk
Name of the Program and Schemes
A Citizen portal in the CCTNS system is functioning which is frequently used by the common people mostly for verification of Character and antecedent, request for issue of license for holding procession, function and meeting, verification of antecedents of tenants and domestic help etc. through online.For more information visit the website Click Here
Contact Details of Kandhamal District Police Offices/Stations:
|Office||Landline No.||Office||Landline No.|
|Supt. of Police||06842 253610||S.D.P.O Phulbani||06842 253761|
|Addl. S.P||06842 254211||S.D.P.O Balliguda||06846 243315|
|D.C SS Bn.||06842 253410||S.D.P.O G.Udayagiri||06847 260688|
|Dy S.P (Crime)||06842 254211||IIC Town PS||06842 253820|
|Dy S.P. (Accts)||06842 253230||IIC Balliguda PS||06846 243233|
|Dy S.P. (H.Gs)||06842 253793||IIC Daringbadi PS||06849 245320|
|DSP D.I.B||06842 253609||IIC Kotagarh PS||06848 220244|
|DCRB(Comp.)||06842 253179||IIC Bamunigaon PS||06846 244780|
|D.P.O||06842 255141||IIC Khajuripada PS||06842 251523|
|R.O||06842 253657||IIC Raikia PS||06847 264637|
|Police Hospital, Plb||06842 253421||IIC Tikabali PS||06842 263727|
|Police High school, Plb||06842 253392||IIC Nuagaon PS||06846 264332|
|WT Workshop||06842 253799||IIC Energy PS||06842 253733|
|IIC Chakapad PS||06847 264422||OIC Sarangada PS||06846 247212|
|OIC Phiringia PS||06845 266527||OIC Tumudibandha PS||06840 230344|
|OIC Gochapada PS||06842 262071||OIC Sadar PS||06842 211004|
|Sr. No.||Police Stations Name|
|1||Town PS Phulbani|
|2||Sadar PS Phulbani|
|12||Energy PS Phulbani|
|14||Kanjamendi Nuagaon PS|